Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Mersman Step Side Table

pam wrote at 2015-05-30 02:13:12

I found this pair on craigslist, they are painted white and the price for a pair is $55.00 yes, $55.00 I love the style. I can't imagine that painting them white would decrease the value that much can you advise.

thank you in advance

Sue wrote at 2016-09-21 20:22:04
Would the owner be interested in selling this table?  Thank you.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida