Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Heywood Wakefield

Whole chair
Whole chair  
Heywood wakefield
Heywood wakefield  
QUESTION: Can you tell a rough age and worth of this chair? Thank you so much

ANSWER: use the followup function and post a pic of the label, thanks

QUESTION: Only label I have

I believe this to be the
heywood and wakefield brace back style windsor arm chair C1205
wood is birch

condition has some issues with the finish in the seat but if that were corrected the chair would have a resale value of 100-125.

at the earliest this would be mid century, 1950s.  will do some more checking.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971