Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Imperial fold out backgammon table

I acquired this table and was curious about the year and value of this table. The top slides out and folds out into a dining table. The hinges on this table are patented from 1930's

that particular label was used in the late 30s and early 40s.

please explain what you mean by "slides out and folds out.  I can see where the extensions might slide out from underneath but dont see where the top would fold out.

If restored properly, and it was painted originally I am pretty sure because of the style of the legs and apron, it would have a retail market value of around 450-500.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971