Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Maple Chair?

Question
Maple Chairs
Maple Chairs  

Maple Chair
Maple Chair  
Hope you don't mind getting 2 inquiries in one day. But I found this chair Monday, and as you can see in the first photo it resembles a chair you've seen before from a previous inquiry.

The striking thing about the first chair is that it has paw? feet. In my research, only found one or two that were similar, none with paw feet. Wood was referred to as flame tiger and bird's eye maple. (

Can you comment on similarities of the chair, U.S. made?, when, and value: the new one alone, and the 2 together)?

Will take at least a 2 month hiatus from sending inquiries since this is my second one today.  :+)

Thanks very much, as always, for your assistance.

Carole

Answer
the chair on the left is not maple it is quarter sawn oak or tiger oak to some.

the oak chair was originally sold as a dining chair, the other, on the right was sold as a kitchen chair.

the chairs are different, the one on the left, the oak one, was expensive when sold, probably $2.25, the other would have sold around $1.50

the only thing they have in common is the color and the age.  both made around 1890-1910.

in a set of 6, the oak chair would sell retail at 225-350 the other at 150-175

ask anything you want anytime you want.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein