Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Oak Mission style table & crate with 5 original oak leaves

Question
Oak mission style table with hastings lock system
Oak mission style tabl  

crate with 5 leaves
crate with 5 leaves  
I'd like to know the value to sell this oak Mission style table with 5 original oak leaves all leaves are in great shape and in original crate. Table has hastings locking system, has a little damage on side of table top, and has been sanded, not refinished yet. I've searched for table and found some information but not on the leaves stored in a wooden crate, I can't find anything on them. can you give me a value for both items?
Thank you
Jean Steidle

Answer
are the leaves straight
do they fit well in the top
is the center leg still inside the split pedestal
is all the wood good
are the top boards secure with no large splits

if all the above is as it should be there are two things that detract from the as is resale value;
over-sanding of the top
veneer missing from the edge of the top.  originally there would have been a band of quartersawn oak veneer to cover the seams of the edges.

that being addressed, this table has the potential of having a resale value of 12-1800$ with leaves if restored professionally.  As it is shown the table carries a market value of 350-450$ with leaves.

The leaf crate with the leaves is how most all leaves came with tables from the factory.  
the hastings lock mechanism was only used on hastings tables, it is the best system as it allows any number of leaves to be inserted and the top locked tight.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein