Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Tomlinson of high point

Tomlinson Of High Point
Tomlinson Of High Poin  

ID metal tag
ID metal tag  
I have an old Tomlinson of High Point buffet table and want to know approximate age and worth is possible. This is a follow up letter from one I sent last week. Hope to hear back this time.

I never received a post from you, dont know what happened to that.

this style is generally from the 1920s but I need to see the outside of the side of one drawer where the side meets the front to see the joinery.  i am sure it is dovetails.
secondly i need to see inside the hole the drawer came out of.    Third, please check to see if there are any othe markings on the piece, might be some numbering on the back.

The company did not operate under the name on your label until 1934.  please use the followup function to post the extra pictures so the thread will be as one.

also, if you would remove one of the door or drawer pulls and see is you think they have been changed.  usually they will have an outline or shadow if changed.

regardless of age it is a well designed piece.
i am standing by for the additional pics.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971