Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique rocking chair

Question
rocker
rocker  
Hi Robert!
I had asked you for your opinion on a rocking chair years ago. I was just wodering if the value has stayed the same. Here was your response:very nice rocker. These don't really have a style attached to them and are referred to as you did 'pressed back rocker with a formed seat.

This one has all the little extras. Large back with the carving, spindles, shaped seat, shaped front posts great arms ending in the paws, trim piece at the rear of the seat, and applied carving on the seat front..

The wood is oak, mostly quarter sawed oak, that is what many call tiger oak. The special cutting of the log exposed the stripe or flake. Made around 1890-1910. This is one of the better ones, probably cost 9$ new and now would bring 400+ in a shop.

Answer
howdy!

the pricing has not changed in the market for several years.  we thank the general economy for this trend.  do remember that insurance replacement vlaue is about 3x the fair market value.  many ask why and that i cannot tell you only to give the example that if you have to replace a windshield in your auto an pay yourself it would cost about 180 with self pay, if you use insurance 2.5x.  same with medical, self pay visit depending on the rype of office might be 50 but insurance will be 150+.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein