Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Vanity and mirror

Question
1
1  

2
2  
I purchased an old vanity with matching three piece mirror several years ago for $200 and was curious when and where it was made, as well as who the maker might be. It has 1816 stamped into the back of it but no other markings.  It is a dark oak wood with many gold painted appliques.   Looking to make room in the house and not sure if I should keep it or not.  Any information on this piece would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Answer
mahogany and mahogany veneer.

made around 1920

in the sheraton style but i cannot tell you whether or not to keep it.

someone has refinished it in the past and painted the gold, probably not original but done to give the impression of a higher styled item.

selling would have a retail price around 450.  remember, this would serve well as a desk if you removed the mirror.

it is a good piece.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein