Collectibles-General (Antiques)/corrected question on platform rocker

Question
full view
full view  
I have tried to locate this chair online or a similar style and in only finding the Victorian or East Lake styles.  The scroll work on this chair is what makes me curious to finding more informationand possible quote. I refinish pieces and this piece is already in process finishing, not restoration. it appears to have had a very heavy stain and lacquer applied which I'm guessing isn't original. Please let me know any information related to this piece and what an as-is price would possibly be so that I can figure my work on top of that.  I just feel there is something a little more special about this piece and want to ensure future buyers understand it's history and value. Thank you!

Answer
it is in the victorian and Empire style but was manufactured around 1900-1920.  This was part of a parlor set which would have included a loveseat and at least one side chair or arm chair.

The wood is birch and probably figured birch.  The finish and staining is original.  This period and style was colored originally to look like mahogany.

retail with original coating cleaned and waxed would be around 450$.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein