Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Hoosier


I have a Hossier cabinet pat. date 1909.three doors on top 2 with glass in door.1 glass was broken .I would like to find a replacement glass.any help would be great.Thank you.

Hi Gary
Nice to hear from you.
You likely know that you can go to most any hardware, building supply or window place and get a new glass installed.
But I'm guessing you want old glass.
This is available at any architectural salvage place. There are many around.
If the glass is larger than you need, you take it to any of the above mentioned places to get cut.
I live in a rural area but my local hardware (8 minutes away), will cut glass for me.
Hope this helps a lucky Hoosier owner.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Eileen Cronk


I can answer most questions about the repairing and refinishing of all your old furniture items (the things we call antiques). I can also give you advice on what wood items to choose and what wood items to avoid at auctions, flea markets etc. I DO NOT give appraisals on antiques as this is not my field of expertise.


I have been repairing, refinishing and of course buying old furniture for the past 30 years. On any given weekend I can be found at auction sales or flea markets searching out a good buy. I have taken several courses in this area over the years, but I find "Hands On" learning to be the best teacher. I can help you avoid the pitfalls and problems of this wonderful rewarding craft.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]