Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Inquiry about table.....

Please let me know , Mr. Klein, if you know anything about this table. It was made by the Johnson Table Co in Cadillac ,Michigan.    Annette Rumage. 36. Charles Street  Belleville  NJ 07109.  . Thank you very much.

table was made in the late 20s early 30s and would have been advertised as an end table or lamp table.

cant see the wood grain in the photos but would probably be sweet gum, tulip poplar or a mix of both.

looks to be original finish because of the color difference as this was the custom of the time.

retail price in a shop around 100-125

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971