Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Knoxville table/desk

close up
close up  

full table/desk
full table/desk  
Mr Klein, this piece has 'Knoxville Tables / Table & Chair Company' tag inside one of the two drawers.  there are bookcases on each end.  measures approximately 60 wide 30 tall 20 deep.  because of the reddish-brown color, I'm guessing it's made of cherry wood (unsure).  the top has 'age spots' from use; possibly some water spots, but no warping.  flat and smooth.  2 photos attached.

would appreciate your opinion on age and value of this table/desk.  it's been in the family for a very long time, purchased originally by my aunt who lived in Carrollton AL.

thanks for your time and expertise.  if you need anything further, please contact me via email.

Julie Daniel

1910s manufacturer.
retail in shop price in a larger town would be 450-650.

if you would use the followup function and post a close picture of the top so i can see the wood grain i will help with species identification.  also, a picture of the wood enext to the cane panel as they are different woods.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971