Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Saqinaw Expandable Buffet Table

Question
Saqinaw Table
Saqinaw Table  

Saqinaw Table
Saqinaw Table  
I inherited a Saqinaw Expandable Buffet Table. This table was originally bought by my Grandmother in Chicago, Ill. I am not sure when it was purchased but assume late 1950's or 1960's. It 4 leafs. I am moving shortly and do not have space for it so curious on what it might be worth and what would be the best way to advertise it? I am grateful for any help you can give me.

Answer
Ruth - That cabinet was part of the Expand-O-Matic or Expandaway line of furniture by Saginaw Furniture Shops. While quite innovative and convenient they have never caught on well with the public, seen as a "gimmick" by many.

Many examples in good condition, while advertised in the $600 range, actually sell for much less on a catch-as-catch can basis. The best way to sell it is probably though a local Craigslist.

Good luck.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor