Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Sideboard

Question
sideboard
sideboard  

label
label  
Hello,
I bought this sideboard at an estate sale not knowing anything about it.
The drawers were stuck shut and was told they had been that way for years.
Later, when I was able to open the top drawer, I found 3 table leaves inside.
One leaf had the label for Royal Mantel and Furniture Co. attached to it.(pictured)
Perhaps this helps you, perhaps not.
Can you tell me 1)What company made the sideboard?
         2)What year was it made?
         3)What is the value?
         4)Would you advise against refinishing it?
Thank you for your kind attention to this matter,
Michelle

Answer
We cant assume that the leaves were to a matching table but if they were then the information shown would be good.  Was there a table at the sale?  It would have had the same legs as the sideboard but check the bottom of the feet to see if they have been shortened.  Looks like a 2-3 inches have been cut off.

Without a label on the sideboard there is no way anyone can tell you who made it.  There were about 5000 manufacturers in operation when this was made in the 1920s.

wood probably walnut veneer and you should only wax it.  Use toluene free Briwax in a brown color.  should take about 3 hours to wax this.

in a shop this would have been selling at 350-650.  depends on the condition and type of shop.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein