Collectibles-General (Antiques)/trunk features

Question
1
1  

Label
Label  
My trunk has a partial ticket on it. Not sure if was one they put om the trunks when traveling  or at the theater.  My clasp have been engraved with some kind of printing in metal. I would like to send you. More pictures, I ask these questions, because I  wondered if these details are minor send and all the Stallman trunks have them.  The manufacture stamp in side is not metal like most. Mine is orange and paper. Looks like it was  the original. I got the rust off the wheels so they could be used instead of carrying it. Nothing else. It would be great if I  get  send you all the pics, then you could tell me what. I should leave alone, and what is ok to restore.

Answer
Hi Maggie,

Frank Stallman made a variety of trunks, including their own style of dresser trunks and some that were used by traveling theater acting groups. All Stallman trunks were not theatrical trunks. Most Stallman trunks I have seen have had a paper label inside similar to yours, but all their labels were not the same.  It was also very common for the trunk owner to have their name and town painted on the side of their trunk.  If you want to send more pictures you could send them to me at Marvin@ThisOldTrunk.com  A picture that shows the whole trunk from the front is good so I can see what style it is and see the lock and hardware.  

Thanks,
Marvin  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller