Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Vintage/Antique Armoire

Armoire a
Armoire a  

Armoire b
Armoire b  
Hi. Wondering what you could tell us about this armoire/closet. Not sure if "Arts & Crafts" is the correct term. If not, what period do you think it's from, and the approximated value? Thanks so much.

not arts and crafts, but is a european, belguim or the uk, armoire.

made in the 1930s in a mix of styling with hepplewhite being the dominant style.

it is missing the crown that would be on top
would sell in a store at 250$.

check in import shops and you will find similar pieces.

pics are not close enough to see wood grain so I cannot tell you the species but if you use the followup function and post a clear close pic i might can help there.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971