Collectibles-General (Antiques)/approximate retail value

gloge bookcase
gloge bookcase  
globe bokcase
globe bokcase  
QUESTION: I would like to know the approximate value. Each section has original label "Manufactured by Globe Wernike Co. Ltd. Strafford, Ontario. Sizes 8 1/2 and 12 1/2 the Grade on all is 295.

ANSWER: super!!!

insurance replacement or retail value?

please use the followup function and post picture of label.

you know this is their mission style, right?

globe label
globe label  

globe label
globe label  
QUESTION: First I want to thank you for your fast reply.
Here is the label you asked for and another one found under a drawer.
Yes I knew about the mission style after seeing the label under the drawer.
Retail value please.
Thank You.

the two tops with the leaded glass are called the locker units.  this will take me some time to research.  It is such an unusual unit coupled with the art-mission (their exact words) styling it might take a minute to be accurate but an in shop price could easily run high. I will do some checking to be sure, i have never seen a set like this and never seen any online, in shops or any pictures other than the GW catalogs.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971