Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Binghamton Rocking Chair

Binghamton Rocker
Binghamton Rocker  

Binghamton Rocker label
Binghamton Rocker labe  
I have a rocking chair with a label on the bottom that says Binghamton Chair Company
It also looks like it says "Morris Ch.. Rockers"
Binghamton, NY
The seat, made of wicker seems to be in very good condition, only wearing on some of the paint (stain?)
The structure also in very good condition, only superficial scratches on several of the surfaces of the wood.  I don't know much else about the chair as I got it from a yard sale, but I would really appreciate to know the market value, so I can decide if it needs insurance.
Much thanks,

made around 1900-10.  company operated 1890-1920 and made reproductions of older pieces many of which are highly collectable.

label would have said morris chairs / rockers

seat is rush, coat it with shellac, spray cans available at home depot or lowes, or menards if you have those.  multiple light coats on the rush.

very cool rocker would retail at 4-500 in a shop

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971