Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Binghamton Rocking Chair

Question
Binghamton Rocker
Binghamton Rocker  

Binghamton Rocker label
Binghamton Rocker labe  
Hello,
I have a rocking chair with a label on the bottom that says Binghamton Chair Company
It also looks like it says "Morris Ch.. Rockers"
Binghamton, NY
The seat, made of wicker seems to be in very good condition, only wearing on some of the paint (stain?)
The structure also in very good condition, only superficial scratches on several of the surfaces of the wood.  I don't know much else about the chair as I got it from a yard sale, but I would really appreciate to know the market value, so I can decide if it needs insurance.
Much thanks,
Christina

Answer
label
label  
made around 1900-10.  company operated 1890-1920 and made reproductions of older pieces many of which are highly collectable.

label would have said morris chairs / rockers

seat is rush, coat it with shellac, spray cans available at home depot or lowes, or menards if you have those.  multiple light coats on the rush.

very cool rocker would retail at 4-500 in a shop

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein