Collectibles-General (Antiques)/carousel bubble gum machine made in 1985

1985 carousel gumball machine
1985 carousel gumball  

1985 carousel gumball machine
1985 carousel gumball  
I was wondering how much its worth. Is someone is trying to sell it and I was wanting to buy it but I wanted to make sure they weren't asking too much. So if you could tell me how much its worth I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Hi Ann,
Carousel machines have been made for over 30 years and are still being manufactured today.
There is no way to know when your machine was made. It makes no difference when it was made
as they all look alike (that model). You can usually find anywhere from 10 to 100 for sale
on e-Bay. I would suggest that you pay no more than $25 for it. It has no real resale value
but if you are purchasing it to keep for your own use, $25 is a fair price. Regards, Gumgod

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Jack Freund

I have 35 years experience in the coin op field, specializing in old gumball and peanut machines. Also trade stimulators, especially turn of the century cigar store machines, both cast iron and wooden machines.

I have owned over 3000 coin operated machines. Much knowledge comes from experience as there is not a lot of documented information on many coin operated machines. Experience is the teacher.

Coin Operated Collector's Association

I host a column in the C.O.C.A. Times, (the magazine for members of the Coin Operated Collector's Association). The column is titled "Tales Of The Hunt" and features stories and comments about member's great (and sometimes not so great) finds.

I have been a dealer at the Chicagoland Slot Machine and Coin Op show since it started. Look for me in Booth F-09. Stop by with your questions or photos. I'll try to help you or buy your machine if you prefer.