Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Hall tree

Question
Front of hall tree
Front of hall tree  

Pediment
Pediment  
We have an American Oak hall tree, likely purchased in Virginia, that we think is late 19th C/early 20th C.  What puzzles us is that the pediment has an asymmetric swirl design.  I've been unable to find a single antique hall tree that has this kind of design, or any asymmetry at all.  Is our hall tree unique or was there a style or time when hall trees would have an asymmetric element like this?  Any help you could offer is appreciated.  Sincerely, Paul

Answer
please use the followup function and retake the photos in focus and without the light from the window.  i can not see the photos well.  thanks

the asymmetry is not uncommon around 1880-1900.  many manufacturers were doing this in hall seats, chairs, etageres and other pieces.it was part of the aesthetic and art nouveau movements.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein