Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Heritage Henredon Headboard Value

Headboard Full Image
Headboard Full Image  

Headboard Carved Detail
Headboard Carved Detai  
I'm looking to sell this Heritage Henredon King Headboard.  It has a stamped number on the back #3503, which leads me to assume it may be more valuable.  It has minor wear on the lower left leg that would not be noticeable with the mattress. Is there a market for this and if so, where?   Is this just a $50-100 Craigslist listing?   I'd like to attach or show more photos but it seems I am limited to 2?  Thank you for your time and assistance.

being a king size we know it is not an antique but is a copy of a timeless design.

most furniture by established companies had a number stamped which could have been inventory number, stain, style or any one of several things.

i would say this should sell at 125-175.

the drape in the headboard is called a Lincoln drape.
same as seen on old Aladdin lamps

the wood is mahogany veneer on the headboard slab.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971