Collectibles-General (Antiques)/RE: 1941 Lycoming Furniture desk

Wood grain
Wood grain  

Finished table
Finished table  
Hi, Thanks for the response. You had requested a photo of the table top to confirm wood species. I attached one below.

Also, I know your profile says you don't like to advise on selling prices. But we're curious if you might have a ballpark estimate on value. We're not selling but just interested what value it might have.

Many thanks, Patrick

you might have my profile confused with someone elses.  i am pretty sure i stated that i would give fair market realistic pricing but would not give "feel good" prices.

that said, it is oak as you said before and in a shop this table, with a smooth finish, would sell around 450/600.

it looks good and the oak is quartersawn oak.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971