Collectibles-General (Antiques)/The Royal furniture company

vanity and night stand
vanity and night stand  
What can you tell me about the pieces in the photos I have attached,  I would like to know the value of them if possible.

this set was manufactured around 1915/20.  Cant see the wood grain but these are usually in walnut veneer on the faces, and sweet gum or tulip poplar for the case frames.  Could be mahogany veneer as well stained to that dark color.  just cant see any grain in the photos.

in good condition and ready to use the three pieces should sell in a shop at 800-850.
if sold separately the vanity is the more desirable piece and should sell at 350-400.

thank you for taking time to do a great photo array.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971