Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Square Brant Table

Square Brandt Table
Square Brandt Table  

Square Brandt Table 2
Square Brandt Table 2  
Hello Mr. Klein,

I have a square wooden table, very solid, that has been in my family for a quite a few years. The corners have rounded corners that kind of jut out from the square foundation support under the flat table surface. There is an ornate wooden piece on that square foundation, halfway between the legs. Curved Legs.
Table stands 16" high and is 39.5 inches at the ends of the rounded corners.
There is the metal Brandt plate tacked into the bottom and the numbers 7653 WRITTEN on the bottom. (I do not see any more identifying numbers. Perhaps I am overlooking them.)
I am attaching two pictures of the table.

Thank you VERY MUCH for your time!!

not sure what you want to know here as there is no question in your descriptive text, an excellent description i must add.

value as is very low due to the condition and this is not an antique but may have 30-40 years on it at the very most.  due to condition it might bring 50-75 in a resale store or antique mall.

however, proper refinishing (stressing proper) would put the retail pricing at the same locations up to 250.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971