Collectibles-General (Antiques)/White Heron Thimbles

Question
QUESTION: Hello Irene and thank you very much for your quick reply to my question.
I have managed to find 2 more pieces to the puzzle which could help to find the answers I'm after.
The thimbles I'm asking about were made in the 1980's and I have discovered that there is a HEREFORD in Texas, USA.
I emailed The Guild Of Herefordshire Craftsmen in UK assuming that is where Hereford referred to and got a nice reply explaining that they had never heard of White Heron, and so the search goes on.

Once again, Many Thanks.
Peter Euston. (Australia)

ANSWER: Hello Peter,

I will gladly pass this information on as well and see what we can come up with for you.

Many of the bone china/porcelain houses merged or were sold.  There is a TCI collectors in Canada that I have sent the query to as she is an avid bone china thimble collector and has done research on various companies.  I'm hoping she can answer the query.

Did you contact Sue Gowan?

I will keep in touch.

Irene

QUESTION: Hello Irene, I have been emailing all over the world and by a stroke of luck reached a woman in New Zealand who thought she had heard of them. Well one thing led to another and all of a sudden the mystery is solved.....well mostly....I'm still waiting on a reply from Rick Lewis, the White Heron Thimble Maker.
I have included a link to an article about Rick for anyone interested.
Once again Many Thanks.
Peter Euston

http://ricklewis.ie/?page_id=2993

Answer
Hello Peter,
Sorry for my slow response.  We have been away for a few days and I try not to "work" when on vacation, if at all possible.

I am so pleased to receive this information, thank you.  My Canadian contact has not responded so I have nothing more to pass along to you in return.

Irene

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall