Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Crystal Toy Sewing Machine

Hi. this little sewing machine was amongst the items I won at an Auction. It is a CRYSTAL B/O Sewing Machine RE-70-~EP

It is Battery or Hand operated.  Comes with original box, instructions and foot pedal plus accessories (spare needle and original cotton reel with red cotton)  Fully working as tested with new batteries

Have also sent you photos

Could you possibly date it for me and maybe give me some sort of value on it. Kind Regards  Pat x

Hello Pat,

Thanks for sending photos, that helps a lot.

Crystal Sewing Machine Industrial Co., Ltd, Tokyo, Japan.  You should be able to find the trademark underneath the machine.

Your model was made in various colors including a green and white model, battery and hand crank operated. Some came in a case and others in a box.

Value = US $60 range.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall

I have been a collector of antique sewing tools and thimbles for over 30 years. I am also a dealer in this field and sell on eBay under the name -- serengeti2. I am NOT, and I repeat NOT an expert on antique or vintage domestic household sewing machines used for everyday home sewing. I can offer help when it comes to Toy or miniature collectible sewing machines ONLY.

See information provided above.

Thimble Collectors International
SCTC - Southern California Thimble Club
SDTC - San Diego Thimble Club
OTS - Ohio Thimble Seekers
Priscilla Nutmeggers - CT/MA/NH
Dorset Thimble Society - UK
Rund um den Fingerhut - Germany
Cyberthimble on Yahoo

I belong to Thimble Collectors International & I chair the committee 'Publishing/Grants' and oversee the research and publication of booklets relating to sewing tools and thimbles. I have also had articles published on needlework related topics.

See information provided above.