Collectibles-General (Antiques)/identify a trunk

Question
Trunk
Trunk  

Trunk lock
Trunk lock  
Recently purchased this trunk and was not able to find any identification on it.  I know the lock is made by the eagle lock company but other than that I am not sure.  
What would it be worth?
I have no key.  Is there any way to identify the lock and buy a key that would fit it?  
Any help would be greatly appreciative.  Thank you in advance.

Answer
Adam,
The trunk is a style made mostly from the 1920's to 30's and appears to be a vulcanized fiber covered trunk which has been repainted at some time. The style of the hardware and trunk are American made and many American companies made this type trunk in a variety of sizes. They used locks from several lock companies including Eagle. Normally the Eagle locks have the key code stamped on the front, right above or below the hinge point. You would need to look very closely for it, especially if the lock has been painted over. The key code is often something like 28, 30, B52, etc.  If you find that code there is a good chance I have a key for it. I sell Eagle trunk lock keys now and then.  These trunks don't have a high value, especially when repainted, but it is an antique/vintage trunk and can be very useful. I normally see these sell in the range or around $100 to $150.  I hope that helps.

Marvin  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller