Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Mills High Top

Question
I have a .25 Mills High Top that was working well. Recently, it stopped paying out on any hits, including the jackpot. The coin tube has sufficient coins and there are no coins stuck in the payout slides. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Tony

Answer
Hi Tony,
I know this machine well, and you explanation here helps a lot so good job there. There are still several things that can cause this none payout condition and one that we need to check next is the vertical fingers. Do these vertical fingers spring forward and are allowed to go into the disks holes at the end of the machines play cycle? Reason is this; most of these machines have an anti-cheat device located just below the vertical fingers, and when the mechanism is played out of the case this device will drop a hook that will go over a pin on the vertical fingers and will not allow any of the fingers to move in and touch the reel disks, it will hold all the fingers back and not allow any of them to move in for payout, thus preventing any kind of payout. So, check to see if at the end of a game cycle that the fingers were allowed to move in and come in contact with the reel disks, and if not, then look for this hook that is locking all them back so they can't move in. Once you find this hook, play the game to release it and then wire it up with tie wire or nylon wire tie so it can never drop down and lock the fingers again, as this is not needed and used only in the old days to prevent cheating. If this is not the problem then we will have to go from here ok? I have available a super book/manual for this machine with tons of photo's, best ever for the mills machines. If you had this book/manual we could use page numbers and photos and work together on this to show you where to look for possible problems. If interested in this manual just email me at: info@coinslots.com and I will explain further.  
Thank You
Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson