Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Reclining Trunk

Question
metal plate
metal plate  

open face
open face  
I purchased a trunk that has a metal plate that has N Drucker
Cincinnati and Reclining. It still has the paper inside showing patents
Could you give me an Idea of what this trunk is worth? I have google searched/ ebay searched; company name searched and can't find out anything. Please Help.

Answer
Marlyn,

The Nathan Drucker trunk company of Cincinnati was in business for many years and made many styles of trunks and then in about 1918 they merged with another large trunk maker, Mendel Trunks and became Mendel-Drucker. They registered the lion trademark in 1897, which is on the internal label. The trunk was made sometime from about 1900 to 1918 and is an unusual style to find, the Reclining Wardrobe trunk. It would help to also see some pictures of the whole exterior of the trunk so I could see the condition, hardware, lock, etc. as they all affect the value. If you would email some more pictures to me that would help greatly.  You can probably email them easier directly to me at Marvin@ThisOldTrunk.com  since you can only add two pictures here.  I'll be glad to help with more information if you can send a few more pictures of the outside of the trunk from the front and sides when closed.  
Marvin  ThisOldTrunk.com

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller