Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Savonarola Lions's Arm Chair

Savonarola Lions Arm Chair
Savonarola Lions Arm C  
Savonarola Lions Arm Chair
Savonarola Lions Arm C  
QUESTION: I found these chairs at a yard sale. Can you please give me an estimated worth.

ANSWER: use the followup function and post picture of teh back of the top and under the seat,

Back of Chair
Back of Chair  

under the seat
under the seat  
QUESTION: I have attached pictures of the back of the top and under the seat.

chairs would sell at 250-450 each minimum.  they dont fall into the antiques catagory but are collectible.  remember these can be bought new.

i cannot tell the wood species from the pictures, too fuzzy, sorry.

if you could send a clear infocus photo i can probably tell the wood.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971