Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Stickley Bros. Day Bed

Question
Stickley Brothers Sticker
Stickley Brothers Stic  

Stickley Bros. Daybed
Stickley Bros. Daybed  
Hello - we purchased a piece of furniture at an estate sale and upon getting it home and pulling the mattress off of it, we found a sticker on the wood slats indicating it was Stickley Brothers Quaint Furniture of Character.  I would assume this piece would be called a day bed but I have looked everywhere I can and I can't find anything similar to this piece.  Is there any value to it at all?  I'm curious as to the approximate year it was made and a little history behind it.  Thank you in advance for your help.  I have more pictures if you need any more to help in answering the questions.  Thank you so much.

Answer
Amanda - Your bed would be called a day bed or a hired man's bed. It was a common feature in farmhouses and small family households in the early 20th century.

Stickley Brothers used the Quaint Furniture of Character label in the late 1920s for its line of European and Colonial Revival furniture. The design of your bed, with the rolled headboard, is based a French Empire day bed of the 1830s.

The bed would sell at auction in the $200 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor