Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Table from Knoxville Table Company

Table Pic 1
Table Pic 1  

Table Pic 2
Table Pic 2  
This old table was given to me and I have had it stored in my garage.  I was thinking about refinishing it but saw the label from the Knoxville Table & Chair company.  The table was painted by someone and I could find any model numbers, just the name and 100% Mahogany on the tag inside.  The table folds in half and the top spins 90 degrees.  I thought I better check to see if it has any antique value before I start working on it.  I have included 3 pictures to give you a starting point. Can you tell me if the table has any antique value ($$ range)?  If so, if I strip the paint and refinish it to natural wood, does that destroy any antique value? I have never dealt with any antiques before.  Thank you

This is a game table made around 1940 which would not be cosidered an 'antique' but it is a 'collectible'.  since it has been painted you can choose to repaint or restore to the wood.  if done well, either option, it will not hurt value.  

table would sell in a shop at 75 as is, 250-300 redone properly.

most likely it is h=mahogany veneer with sweet gum for the base.

hope this is what you needed

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971