Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Table from Knoxville Table Company

Question
Table Pic 1
Table Pic 1  

Table Pic 2
Table Pic 2  
This old table was given to me and I have had it stored in my garage.  I was thinking about refinishing it but saw the label from the Knoxville Table & Chair company.  The table was painted by someone and I could find any model numbers, just the name and 100% Mahogany on the tag inside.  The table folds in half and the top spins 90 degrees.  I thought I better check to see if it has any antique value before I start working on it.  I have included 3 pictures to give you a starting point. Can you tell me if the table has any antique value ($$ range)?  If so, if I strip the paint and refinish it to natural wood, does that destroy any antique value? I have never dealt with any antiques before.  Thank you

Answer
This is a game table made around 1940 which would not be cosidered an 'antique' but it is a 'collectible'.  since it has been painted you can choose to repaint or restore to the wood.  if done well, either option, it will not hurt value.  

table would sell in a shop at 75 as is, 250-300 redone properly.

most likely it is h=mahogany veneer with sweet gum for the base.

thanks
hope this is what you needed

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein