Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Thayer High Chair

Question
Thayer High Chair
Thayer High Chair  

Thayer High Chair
Thayer High Chair  
Hello Mr. Klein,

I have a Thayer high chair but is missing the  manufacture label. Can I purchase a label? If I wanted to sell the item would it lose value? Thank You

Answer
you might be able to purchase a label but why?  Anyone who knows about these will recognize it immediately.  As to money in selling, an complete and intact chair would bring more.  A non original label will hurt more than no label.

A replacement label, if recognized as a replacement would hurt value to an uninformed buyer. they might think that it was fraudulent.  As I recall the labels were a water applied decal.  An informed buyer who knew about these would look to see if the label looks and matched the surrounding area and was applied properly from the factory and if not that would be hurtful.  If it is missing then that is that.  Dont mess with it.

looks as if there is a sold label on it already.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein