Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Widdecomb Furniture

QUESTION: I have two Widdecomb pieces, both have labels dated 1865.
One is an Armoire with drawers on one side
The other is a dresser, Would you please provide a value.
Thank you

ANSWER: please use the followup function and post a picture of the label.

QUESTION: Widdecomb label in both dresser and armoire

Thanks for the photo.

These are nice pieces done in walnut and walnut veneers.
Company operated 1873-1950 when it merged with Mueller Furniture.  This label was used beginning in 1928 and I believe these were 1930-early 40s.

The condition and form make these salable in the range of 750-950 minimum each in the market.

Hope this is what you needed.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971