Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Wooden vanity

Question
Front picture
Front picture  

Two
Two  
Good afternoon,

I have a vanity that was given to me by a family when I was very young and I was told it was from Germany. It's been in storage the past ten years and has aquifed a few Knicks and scratches I'd like to properly repair. I would also be interested in knowing what the market value is of the piece and if it is of German descent.

Answer
I don't know how long you have had this but this is most likely American made and is in the french provincial style popular in the 1950s and 60s.  Still popular today.  A lot of this style was painted white and off white.

restoration would cost you around 6-750 including replacing the mirror.  Since this is not considered an antique by definition but is considered vintage or mid century any proper restoration or even painting would enhance the value if done professionally.  The value would be whatever you have invested in restoration once done properly.  On todays market the selling value would be around 6-700 after proper restoration.  Keep in mind you have two vlaues to consider.  Intrinsic or monetary value and associative value.  The associative value is priceless to you.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein