Collectibles-General (Antiques)/1933 World Series Pinball Machine

Question
Help...I inherited this machine from My Dad.  It was in his father's store, saloon, back in the 30's.  Someone painted the outside, which we can re do, but it had a backplate on it at one time. That is missing. Does anyone out there have this part, or is it hopeless.  Would like to restore it for my son to keep, but seems impossible to find parts.  It does work, and the glass has been replaced .  other then the glass and paint, only on the box, the legs are still original, it is in great shape.

Answer
Rockola: WORLD\'S SERIES TABLE 1933
Rockola: WORLD'S SERIE  
Hi Shirley,
What a wonderful story! How cool that you have all this history on this machine, and to know that your father was running it in his store and saloon back in the 30's when this machine must have been brand new! This is just fabulous and makes this a family heirloom for sure! This is a great story and thank you for sharing that with me. Attached you will find some history on this machine. You didn't say who made the machine but I was able to figure that out, it was made by Rockola. You should be able to enlarge the attached history information and be able to print it out, if not, just write me at Rodger@coinslots.com and I'll email it to you. As for parts, that is going to be hard to find but maybe not impossible. I would suggest that you check with a friend of mine that can be very helpful if you let him know it is a family heirloom that you trying to fix up and not something that you just want to sell. Maybe give him a link to you question here so he can better understand what you want to do. I am sure he might have some ideas as to who to contact in you search for parts. His name is Richard Conger and his email address I will give to you if you write me. I would put it here for you but that would not be fair to him as some web crawler might pick it up and then the spam will fly. I hope you understand, and enjoy the attached information I have found for you on this machine. There are other sources also, one would be to type in a do an ebay search for old pinball machine or along those lines, and this would give you a category like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=antique+pinball+machine&_frs=1
If you could find out just what all models of the machines that a part you need fits, this would give you a greater chance of finding whatever it is your looking for,  as some parts may fit other models of machines made by Rockola around the same time. If you watch that link above you might find someone parting one like yours out and then you have it made. You can even add this to a notify list on ebay and you will get a notice if this part shows up, or if you add 1933 Rockola, anything that fits ebay will automatically send you a notice. What a great machine and a great project, full of personal history! I wish you lots of luck on this project and I am sure with a little research you will do well on it. Feel free to contact me anytime if you need help along the way.
Thank You
Rodger Knutson
Http://www.coinslots.com  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson