Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Lamp

Question
Lamp
Lamp  

Lamp detail
Lamp detail  
Hi Dennis,

I was wondering what information you could give me about this antique lamp, specifically approximate year and country of production as well as approximate current value.

It is 33''x5''

Thank you,

Answer
Alan,

This one looks european but it could be american as well because both sides made painted glass lamps of this nature.  Nevertheless, I'm going to say I believe it is french, most like Limoges as well without seeing the mark on the base under the metal.  There lloks to be some discoloration near the top edge which could be an old repair and thus would affec the value significantly.  About the same year or slightly later than the fish platter - 1890's to 1900.

If the discoloration is not a repair and the lamp works, value is in the $300 - $350 range especially if all the pain on the painted scene is in good order.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach