Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Lamp

Lamp detail
Lamp detail  
Hi Dennis,

I was wondering what information you could give me about this antique lamp, specifically approximate year and country of production as well as approximate current value.

It is 33''x5''

Thank you,

This one looks european but it could be american as well because both sides made painted glass lamps of this nature.  Nevertheless, I'm going to say I believe it is french, most like Limoges as well without seeing the mark on the base under the metal.  There lloks to be some discoloration near the top edge which could be an old repair and thus would affec the value significantly.  About the same year or slightly later than the fish platter - 1890's to 1900.

If the discoloration is not a repair and the lamp works, value is in the $300 - $350 range especially if all the pain on the painted scene is in good order.

Hope this helps.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach

I endeavor to answer all questions relating to the "identification" of American Art Pottery from the period of roughly 1880 through 1920. I specialize in the area of arts & crafts period pottery but do not limit myself specifically to that time period.

I have 20+ years experience buying, selling and identifying American Art Pottery both on the web, to private clientele and in a brick and mortar shop in Massachusetts.

Masters degree in Education.