Collectibles-General (Antiques)/dining room chairs

Question
dining room chair
dining room chair  

chair tags
chair tags  
I have a set of 6 dining room chairs.  Only one has arms, but I was led to believe they were a complete set.  I've included a picture of one with the seat bare, so I can recover it.  The other picture shows a tag that says "Grand Rapids Furniture Company" and a tag that says "Sheraton 844." The only Grand Rapids Furniture Company I found opened in 1997.  These chairs are clearly older than that.  I saw another answer on this website about a different Grand Rapids Furniture Co.  I am curious as to how old these chairs are and how much effort I should put into repairing them.  I like them because there is a story behind them. I like how the back of the chair is different from most chairs we see today. I like that I bought them at an auction, which for me was an experience and a big part of the story.

Answer
the style is sheraton style, and hepplewhite style.

i read the company as "grand rapids chair company".

These chairs were made in the 1920s into the 1930s

here is information on the company.

http://www.furniturecityhistory.org/company/3553/grand-rapids-chair-co

these are great styled chairs, classic Sheraton and Hepplewhite style, nice classic tablet form on the top rail and light colored stringing finally on the legs and seat rails.

I recommend you buy Briwax in the antique mahogany color and wax these.
At auction these would probably have been around 40-65$ each but in a retail setting cleaned and waxed with newly padded and covered seats would sell at 350$ each.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein