Collectibles-General (Antiques)/French plates

Hello Mr Wolbach, I hope you can help shed some light on a few French plates I have. I have pictures of the plates and letters of authenticity. And from general research I have figured out the artist was a French designer, but the trail end there for me. And I'm very curious to know how much they could be worth. Thank you for your time and knowledge. -Curtis.       I just realized I can only upload two images. So for more infomation I can say they have French authenticity letter and a seller letter from the Bradford exchange. The second plate is titled "Sophie la mode new look." Thank you again.

These are plates that were available through the Bradford Echange and painted in 1978 using a transferware process.  Unfortunately these types of plates were produced in very high numbers with the thought/hope of values increasing over time.  Or at least theat is what Bradford would have liked you to believe.  Unfortunately only the company has made out well as these typically sell today between $12 and $15 on line practically everywhere I researched.

Thanks for your question.  I hope I helped.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach

I endeavor to answer all questions relating to the "identification" of American Art Pottery from the period of roughly 1880 through 1920. I specialize in the area of arts & crafts period pottery but do not limit myself specifically to that time period.

I have 20+ years experience buying, selling and identifying American Art Pottery both on the web, to private clientele and in a brick and mortar shop in Massachusetts.

Masters degree in Education.