Collectibles-General (Antiques)/French plates

Question
Front
Front  

Back
Back  
Hello Mr Wolbach, I hope you can help shed some light on a few French plates I have. I have pictures of the plates and letters of authenticity. And from general research I have figured out the artist was a French designer, but the trail end there for me. And I'm very curious to know how much they could be worth. Thank you for your time and knowledge. -Curtis.       I just realized I can only upload two images. So for more infomation I can say they have French authenticity letter and a seller letter from the Bradford exchange. The second plate is titled "Sophie la mode new look." Thank you again.

Answer
Curtis

These are plates that were available through the Bradford Echange and painted in 1978 using a transferware process.  Unfortunately these types of plates were produced in very high numbers with the thought/hope of values increasing over time.  Or at least theat is what Bradford would have liked you to believe.  Unfortunately only the company has made out well as these typically sell today between $12 and $15 on line practically everywhere I researched.

Thanks for your question.  I hope I helped.

Dennis  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach