Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Mission style dining chairs

My set of oak dining chairs (4 side & 2 armchairs) have no identifying labels or marks & I'd love to learn something about them: age, origin & value. They're sturdy but have been re-upholstered and I'm sure the finish isn't original. I bought them privately from someone in CA about 15 years ago and the seller had no history information available. Any insights would be great :)

there were about 5000 manufacturers in operation around 1900 when these were made so determining who made them is not possible without a label.

as to value, retail would vary in different areas depending on current trends but these would sell in most areas at 350=450 per chair if tight.

original upholstery would most likely have been a black or dark brown leather type of material.  Leatherette.

hope this is what you needed

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971