Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Mission style dining chairs

Question
DiningChair1
DiningChair1  

Armchair1
Armchair1  
My set of oak dining chairs (4 side & 2 armchairs) have no identifying labels or marks & I'd love to learn something about them: age, origin & value. They're sturdy but have been re-upholstered and I'm sure the finish isn't original. I bought them privately from someone in CA about 15 years ago and the seller had no history information available. Any insights would be great :)

Answer
there were about 5000 manufacturers in operation around 1900 when these were made so determining who made them is not possible without a label.

as to value, retail would vary in different areas depending on current trends but these would sell in most areas at 350=450 per chair if tight.

original upholstery would most likely have been a black or dark brown leather type of material.  Leatherette.

hope this is what you needed
thanks

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein