Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Muscoda Manufacturing Table

Muscoda Wisconsin desk
Muscoda Wisconsin desk  
I purchased a table around 15 years ago and want to sell it now.  It lists Quality Tables - Muscoda Manufacturing Co., Muscoda Wisconsin on the underside with the number 441.  It is a 42x26 table with a middle drawer.  Both ends have 2 selves the depth of the table.  It appears to be oak. I would like to know how old it might be and the value.

Deborah - Your table is an Arts & Crafts/Mission style library table from around 1910-1915. It is made of quartersawn white oak. Quarter sawing is a method of cutting an oak log that produces the distinctive grain pattern seen in the wood. Quarter sawing is further explained and illustrated in my book “HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE.”

Your table would sell at auction in the US in the $300-$500 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida