Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Nippon Vase

Question
Vase
Vase  
QUESTION: Hi Dennis,

I was wondering what information you could give me about this painted vase, specifically approximate year of production as well as approximate current value.

It is 7" wide and 13'' tall

Thank you,

Alan

ANSWER: Alan,

This looks like a nice vintage piece but without the ability to look at any potential bottom mark, I couldn't estimate the age of the piece.  If you could send me a photo of any base mark that would help immensely.

Thanks,

Dennis

Base mark
Base mark  
QUESTION: Hi Dennis,

Here is the base of the vase, the picture is a bit blurry but it says "Nippon"

Thanks again,

Alan

Answer
Alan,

I'm sorry but I still can't make out the mark because it is not clear.  It looks to be a turn of the century or slightly later piece but I can't be sure without a clear mark.

Sorry to be such trouble but identification of any potential mark(s) is key.

Thanks,

Dennis

**Alan,

This looks like an Art Nouveau style Nippon piece, probably from the 1920's or 30's.  Condition is key but assuming all is good with the piece, I would estimate it to be valued at around $150 - $175 ballpark.  Hope that helped...sorry for the delay.  I just realized I could revise the answer.

Dennis

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach