Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Painted Dish

Question
Dish full view
Dish full view  

Painted details
Painted details  
Hi Dennis,

I was wondering what information you could give me about this painted fish dish, specifically approximate year of production as well as approximate current value. There is a stamp on the base reading "France" in green as well as the letter "R"

24'' long, 9'' wide

Thank you,

Alan

Answer
Ok alan,

This one is a late 19th century Limoges fish platter from about 1890.  It looks to be in good condition and if it is, I would estimate the value to be around $250 - $275, potentially even a bit more (over the $300 mark) to the right collector.  But remember, condition is everything with these pieces so ultimately, that is what will determine its final value.  

Its very nice and I love the look!

Dennis

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach