Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Solt ID

QUESTION: I bought a Ballys slot machine, trying to ID the machine.
It is a .25 e reel electro mechanical. Please see pictures attached

ANSWER: Hi Paul,

Boy did you ever get a nice machine. I have one of them myself; it's the Bally electro/mechanical Model 903 "Mustang" made in 1970. What is so cool about this model is the animated e/m horse on the lower belly glass, the horses legs flash back and forth like it is running. Also this machine is one of about 4 models with the hold and draw feature where once played, you can drop another coin in and hold what reels you want to and get another shot and making a win. Also another bonus is the Mustang future and that is a blast; this is a real fun machine to play! Thanks for posting photo's of it here as that realy helps.

Thank You
Rodger Knutson

QUESTION: What do you think it is worth? Do you know who might be interested?
Thanks for your help

Hi again Paul,
Value?...., That is a very hard question. Value is based on what you would take for it and what someone is willing to pay you for it. At one time this was a $2,500.00 machine but that was years ago, and now maybe 1,100.00 would be a good price if you could get it, but there is no set blue book as these are antiques so what you get for it depends of what buyers you attract to it, and how you go about trying to sell it. But it is out of the usual realm of old machines and it has very high player appeal, so you should be able to get some good money out of it.
Thanks again
Rodger Knutson

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson

I am an expert on old coin operated machines, slot machines, trade stimulator's, jukeboxes, old arcade machines, etc. I have been identifying these for people who respond to my web site listed below, for a few years now. In almost all cases I am able to tell them about their old coin operated machines, the year, the value, and other general information about their machines. I do not know much about soda vending machines, coin banks, or scales, but I will try to help you with these if I can. Please email photo's to: My web site is at:

I bought my first slot machine, a .50 Cent Mills Black Cherry in 1969 and have been hooked from that time, I still have that Slot machine! Before that I found a open barrel full of old scraped jukebox wall boxes behind a restaurant, I wanted them all but never took a one of them. Anything that took a coin drove me nuts!

C.O.C.A. and other slot and coin operated machine groups, associations, groups, and clubs.

Many, the Coinslot magazine, always juken, Coin Slot Journal, Slot Box Collector, and others that I don’t remember at this time.

Graduated from Ballard High School in 1969, went to Edison Technical Collage for a couple of years taking welding and metal fabrication, tig, mig, heliarc, also arc and gas welding and fabrication. Then Apprenticed under a slot machine technician who worked in the slot machine industry Reno Nevada, and set up bar poker progressive machines in the casino's, and repaired machine and did the repairs on slot machine circuit boards there. He also was involved in the 2 hand dealer's market and bought and sold machines at the casinos auctions for the secondary market, which includes selling used machine overseas. I learned a ton from this man; he always had the correct answers and took the time to teach me the business. My interest and knowledge in other and older coin operated machine is for the most part, self-taught. It's been my passion from back in 1968 and before, my thirst for knowledge about these machines has kept me more interested over the years, and keeps me searching for more information even today. I have meet and talked to book authors on these machines, attended hundreds of coin operated shows and auctions, and I stay with that to this very day.

Take a look at my allexperts rating, and my guest book, links to these are at Also you can check my 100 percent rating on ebay, as I have been there with ebay from their day one, I am user coinslots at ebay. My other awards come from the very people that I deal with, I always make them happy, no matter what it takes, but they always are happy anyway as the countless thank you letters testify to me, so I know I am doing right, and the best I can. I have found so many hard to find parts for people, I hunt them down and don't stop until I find what is needed to get that customers machine running again and back to life, that is my main goal.

Client privacy prevents this answer, as some are VIP and famous and I will not betray the trust.