Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Value of Coke Machine

Question
Vendo V216
Vendo V216  

Vendo V216
Vendo V216  
Hi, Roger, I'm hoping that you can help me out.  I have a Vendo V216 Coke Machine that is in excellent shape.  My father had it refurbished and last I checked this past week, it was up and running and the internal pipes were getting cold.  It has an informational placque on the side; from what I was able to read of it says, Model# XV216D, Serial # XV511 5483. VK7 Refrigeration Unit.  Charge 43 op. Capacity 2380 BTU.  There is another oval placque below it that reads "1851."  I have someone interested in purchasing it but am not sure of its value.  When my father gave it to me, he said it was worth $3000. but that was about 15 years ago.  Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  I will send some photos with this email as well as to , as noted. referencing this email and date.

Thank you!

Answer
Vendo V-216
Vendo V-216  
Hi Michale,
I stopped answering soda machine questions because we do not deal in them, and even that I put this on my bio, I still get questions on soda machines and did try to help anyway the best I could. Until I noticed people were giving me bad feedback even when I told them I was not an expert on soda machines, but I would still try to help in any way I could. So after seeing the bad feedback for me at allexperts on soda machines just for helping, I quit soda questions altogether. But, for you it is different as you did all you could to send me photo's so I can see what you have. Soda machines are hard to research with just a model number for some reason. Coca Cola never made most of the Coca-Cola machines you see, companies like Vendo, Vendorlator, Ideal, Westinghouse, Victor and others made them for the soda companies. Anyway I do have a really good book and price guide on these and I did find your machine in it. It is all here for you and you can read it on allexperts also. See attached and thank you!

Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson