Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique sewing cabinet

Question
Singer cabinet 1
Singer cabinet 1  
Singer cabinet 2
Singer cabinet 2  
QUESTION: Hello - I have this Singer sewing machine and cabinet that has damage to the wood on the top surface (looks like water damage).  I am wondering what the current value of this item would be, and what it would be worth if I were to restore it.  Please also estimate the age of the piece and the approximate cost to restore.  Thank you in advance,

Kristen

ANSWER: please use the followup function and post a full view picture of the top surface.  also close of a drawer side

should be patent dates on the metal plate by the needle shaft, might be under the plate.  last date is probably around 1890-1900.

thanks

Drawers
Drawers  

Serial number
Serial number  
QUESTION: The serial number is G8777904. Here are the additional photos as requested.  Thank you.

Answer
i wasnt clear before.  somewhere on the plate by the needle arm around the bobbin area probably under, there should be small patent numbers with month day and year, there would be several as usually that is how they are listed on the plate that slides out.  if there are not then that plate is probably a replacement.  it wont matter as to value but is always interesting.

only damage i see is discoloration from water.  that is not difficult to repair.  however, do not attempt to sand it away.first clean with mineral spirits, then lacquer thinner then contact me with pictures.

thanks

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein