Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique trunk

Question
camera
camera  
We have a trunk, 36"length by 17.5 wide by 16" depth. Eagle lock co, terryville, conn with number 8441 on the lock. Corners are all brass in pretty good shape. We are trying  to  find  any information  about it that we can (approximate ave, ect). Can you possibly help.

Answer
Warren,

The hardware and lock are from an old trunk from the early 1900's based on the style and are brass plated. But the pieces are not original to the wooden chest or trunk that they are on. Trunk makers didn't make travel trunks in that manner during the time period when that hardware was made and used. So someone has taken the hardware from a trunk and used it on this chest but based on the one picture I cannot tell the age of the wood trunk. It could be much older than the hardware, but it would require a close inspection of the trunk and it's construction to help determine the approximate age. The 8441 on the lock is the key code so you can find a replacement key. A magnet will stick to brass plated hardware but not to solid brass hardware.  That's really all I can tell you about this piece based on the picture so I hope that helps.
Marvin  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller