Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Ceramic Figures

Question
detail
detail  
both vases
both vases  
QUESTION: Hi Dennis,

I was wondering what information you could give me about these twin porcelain vases with figurines. They come in 3 pieces put together, and say "H. Bitterman" on the base. I am specifically interested in approximate year of production as well as current value.

Each one is 25" high and 12" wide

Thank you,

Alan

ANSWER: Alan,

If you could send me a photo of each bases at close range so I can see the marks that would be great.  Make sure you get the entire base as close as you can because there may be other marks that are subtle that might make a difference in assessing these two pieces.

Thanks again!

Dennis

vase1
vase1  

vase2
vase2  
QUESTION: Hi Dennis,

There is only one small mark on each of the bases. I took the picture as close to the mark as possible so that you could make each one out.

Thanks again, hope this helps.
Alan

Answer
Alan

This one is tough for me as I can't seem to locate the mark shown.  Looks like a "Dresden" pottery mark which would be German and 19th century but I'm not 100% sure.  I think it would be wise these as well to send photos to Skinner or another high-end antique auction house just to make sure.  I don't want to guess as to their specific maker or potential value so I think it would be better if you brought them somewhere in-person or contacted a gallery.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but I'd rather you get the correct assessment than a guess from me.  Please let me know if I can be of additional service to you.

Dennis

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach