Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Crystal toy machine

Crystal toy sewing machine
Crystal toy sewing mac  
Hi, I purchased a model 6131 today, however it did not come with the manual. I understand from another person's posting that the machine might have 3 "stages"? Can you provide any information about this machine and especially how to thread it? Thank you! Kim

Hello Kim,
Sadly, I do not have any threading instructions for the Crystal toy machine.

Please send a query to: Toy Stitchers International -
Hopefully someone from this collector organization can be of assistance to you.

Your machine was made by the Crystal Sewing Machine Industrial Co., Ltd. of Tokyo, Japan and I believe that the one shown in your picture, is battery operated.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall

I have been a collector of antique sewing tools and thimbles for over 30 years. I am also a dealer in this field and sell on eBay under the name -- serengeti2. I am NOT, and I repeat NOT an expert on antique or vintage domestic household sewing machines used for everyday home sewing. I can offer help when it comes to Toy or miniature collectible sewing machines ONLY.

See information provided above.

Thimble Collectors International
SCTC - Southern California Thimble Club
SDTC - San Diego Thimble Club
OTS - Ohio Thimble Seekers
Priscilla Nutmeggers - CT/MA/NH
Dorset Thimble Society - UK
Rund um den Fingerhut - Germany
Cyberthimble on Yahoo

I belong to Thimble Collectors International & I chair the committee 'Publishing/Grants' and oversee the research and publication of booklets relating to sewing tools and thimbles. I have also had articles published on needlework related topics.

See information provided above.