Collectibles-General (Antiques)/dale and Davis

pitcher and basin
pitcher and basin  

I have a large Dale and Davis jug and pitcher. Both have the British coat of arms stamped on the base. Do you have an idea of value or recommend someone who might? Thank you

The mark is actually from the Prospect Hill Pottery I believe from Trenton NJ and they used a blue eagle/coat of arms for their cypher, which was their earliest granite ware mark.  Their time period for this mark is late 1800's.  Messrs. Dale and Davis were in business through the last quarter of the 19th century in America.

Assuming that both pieces are in excellent condition with no chips, cracks, hairlines and/or repairs, I would estimate the pair to be worth about $175 ( or around that figure) in today's market.

I do hope this helps.

Many thanks for the question.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach

I endeavor to answer all questions relating to the "identification" of American Art Pottery from the period of roughly 1880 through 1920. I specialize in the area of arts & crafts period pottery but do not limit myself specifically to that time period.

I have 20+ years experience buying, selling and identifying American Art Pottery both on the web, to private clientele and in a brick and mortar shop in Massachusetts.

Masters degree in Education.