Collectibles-General (Antiques)/dale and Davis

Question
pitcher and basin
pitcher and basin  

id
id  
I have a large Dale and Davis jug and pitcher. Both have the British coat of arms stamped on the base. Do you have an idea of value or recommend someone who might? Thank you

Answer
The mark is actually from the Prospect Hill Pottery I believe from Trenton NJ and they used a blue eagle/coat of arms for their cypher, which was their earliest granite ware mark.  Their time period for this mark is late 1800's.  Messrs. Dale and Davis were in business through the last quarter of the 19th century in America.

Assuming that both pieces are in excellent condition with no chips, cracks, hairlines and/or repairs, I would estimate the pair to be worth about $175 ( or around that figure) in today's market.

I do hope this helps.

Many thanks for the question.

Dennis

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach